ss_blog_claim=3afadf1dd014a8ded23078c962f84f69
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Search my Blog

Google
 
THE DIGITAL HANGOUT:PLASMA'S PLAYGROUND

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Earthcaller-call any US number for free!

It seems Jaduka founders, NetworkIP is all set to release a new VOIP service called Earthcaller. This service will be offering free calls worldwide. I didn't manage to get more details about the service, but I will follow-up with Eric.

Alright, Let me be very frank with you all, I tried testing earthcaller for last 2 days but it didn't seem to work for me for a very odd reason. It kept on giving me "Domain error mismatch" error. I almost gave up but hang on, I tried the service today, Whoa it works. I tried calling Singapore local number, Malaysia mobile, India mobile, Russia mobile, USA toll-free all works just perfect.

I can't believe Earthcaller is offering all this for FREE without any limit, well it didn't seem there was any limit. There is no need to register, just dial number you wish.

So how are you going to use this service. (Note: Earthcaller only works in Internet Explorer)

1) Go to Earthcaller
2) You will need to download a small ActiveX component( you will be prompted)
3) Now dial the desired number in the following format (very similar to Jaduka)

a) For US/Canada Numbers- Just dial the number without 1 (country code) or you can dial with country code(1), it works both way.

b)For all international numbers- Dial 011-Countrycode-areacode-phonenumber format. So for e.g Calling India landline, you will dial 011912226021111

Bingo, You will get a message window with messages such as,

Registering to SIP Proxy.
Dialing...
Trying to register.
Registered successfully.
Response: Trying.
Response: Session Progress.
Success to connect.

at success to connect stage, you phone call is actually connected. Talk as much as you want, Its free calls worldwide!

3 comments:

Susan said...

you were able to complete an international phone call with this application? even though it states they are only allowing domestic calls? i haven't tested this yet myself, but was just curious.

Muhammad Munazir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Muhammad Munazir said...

hey dude....how can i cal other numbers....it doesn't work for me

Google