ss_blog_claim=3afadf1dd014a8ded23078c962f84f69
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Search my Blog

Google
 
THE DIGITAL HANGOUT:PLASMA'S PLAYGROUND

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

DotSis NOT resurrected

What happened to DotSis?

I was searching the World Wide Web yet again for some(any!!) news about DotSis,while an interesting search result came up in Yahoo Answers.I always say that Y! Answers is worth its salt as long as you want something trivial;it could help you find some great links or information you might be fishing for,but I never take it too seriously and am inclined to take a critical view of it.According to this search,DotSis is back again with a bang in the form of a new forum,the URL of which you'll NOT find here simply for the reason that ITS A FAKE(if you still want to know the forum's URL,head to the Y! answers URL I've given above).

The forum claims that it has been formed ad hoc to replace the old DotSis.com.Ecstatic on seeing this,I started going through the sub forums...and found it be contrast in toto to the original site.There were very few posts,let alone useful ones;moreover,the number of registered users was so meagre a number that it I found myself laughing mirthlessly!So much for my temporal ecstasy.

And then,I saw the truth.It was a fact that DotSis evanished during the first week of October(update me if I'm incorrect)..And this so called Resurrected DotSis forum had posts starting right from March 2007.Several users have asked whether this was the new DotSiS,all of which have gone unanswered(though not unnoticed,I'll say).The forum owners(probably) have also been posting all over the net that this is the new site.My advice:Don't believe it and join.That would be an insult to the real site.There's been no info on what really happened yet;and no news is hopefully good news.


Here's my old post on what happened to DotSis:

http://maverickshaunt.blogspot.com/2007/10/what-happened-to-dotsis.html

12 comments:

Raja Krishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raja Krishnan said...

Hey dude... I ll blogroll u soon...
By the way it is not that much difficult to increase alexa rankings...

Install alexa too bar sparky in your computer.. It will do the rest....

Rangan Badri said...

Hello Sriram,
Thanks for your kind remarks. You wanted to know more blog directories.
Here is a list:
http://blogavenues.blogspot.com/2006/08/blog-and-rss-directories-full-list.html

Even if you click on 'Blog Directory' under the categories in my blog's left sidebar, you will find many.
Cheers.

Sriram said...

@malathy:Thanks Malathy! Will check it out..

Anonymous said...

that site is fake...it wont reach even 100 miles near our most beloved www.dotsis.com

Unknown said...

i think this one's legit

www.dotnxt.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for your articles. hoping and praying that dotsis will be back sooner. proud to be DOTSISIAN.

Anonymous said...

thanks to pwetters for directing me to the new dotsis, dotnext.

dotnext is developed by Hime, Elite Mod of the once great dotsis. you'll find the original mods of dotsis there also. visit us at

www.dotnxt.com

new name, new clothes, same wonderful people.

|ch|baN said...

I'm pretty upset with this news... DotSis is the ultimate site for symbian user.... most of the time i refer to it for new software.... did it got sued from the software developer.....?

Anonymous said...

DOTSIS is back!!!!!!

visit our first love at
www.dotsis.com

sacha_ris

Anonymous said...

Man dotsis waas accessable till 17-11-2008 2:00 PM GMT in Pakistan but now its 19-11-2008 i.e two days have passed but it no acessable. What Has happened to it. I m unable to understand. If anyone has the answer please let me know

Anonymous said...

we will back ASAP
m from DS staff
problem in tariff

server changing.....................

Google