ss_blog_claim=3afadf1dd014a8ded23078c962f84f69
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Search my Blog

Google
 
THE DIGITAL HANGOUT:PLASMA'S PLAYGROUND

Monday, September 3, 2007

My Broadband plan changed :)

I just made an upgrade(if you can call it that) to my current broadband scheme.I was using Airtel Broadband 128kbps unlimited download for the past 1 year.I'd get a maximum download speed of 16 kbps.Those with the higher end 2 Mbps connection may scoff at this figure,but I was contented with it until now.I have started downloading quite a lot recently;my monthly stats read at least 10GB of downloads.So I thought I would go for this upgrade-256 kbps Unlimited with a monthly charge of Rs.999-/-Now I get a download speed of nearly 33 kbps with RS.The trade off came,obviously,in the form of money.I now have to hand out an extra 300 of the green stuff :/ Well you can't get stuff without cash,I guess..

And for those who use USB connectivity for the modem:my suggestion is change it to Ethernet.I don't say this because you get faster speeds;I DON'T KNOW for sure that using a Ethernet cable will improve your speeds by any sizable difference.I had trouble with connectivity problems while using USB-as I said,I'd started downloading a lot.This means I'd to leave my system switched on for several hours(and this extended to 3 days when I was downloading a 6 GB game :O ) .I'd leave my Torrent client happily downloading(leeching would be a more appropriate word,I guess) and leave for college.Coming back,I'd find the download frozen and the connectivity would be in a pretty much similar state.Finally,I called up the service centre and got it changed.Now I haven't turned off my system for the past 5 days-there hasn't been a single issue with connectivity :)

0 comments:

Google