ss_blog_claim=3afadf1dd014a8ded23078c962f84f69
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Search my Blog

Google
 
THE DIGITAL HANGOUT:PLASMA'S PLAYGROUND

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Malare..malare..!

I first heard of this guy called Benny Dayal at Saarang '06,when he was a member of MCC's light music fivesome.I still remember the crowds going ga-ga when he shouted "Dil Se re.."Then I came to know that he was a singer in a band by name "S5",a fivesome who had cut an album called Isai.There's a song in this album I'd like you to listen to(if you haven't already)-Malare,a song about nature set in a very melodious tune,with chords in the same genre as Christian hyms(that however,doesn't affect it any way).Having a Pop-Slow Rock feel for a skeleton,the song has an interesting harmony(I call it as "parts");there's even a particular progression I haven't heard so far.Here's the video of the song:

And btw,Benny and our band crossed paths yet again this year at Saarang '08;he came as a judge (along with Ujjaini from Valayapatti fame)this time though.I couldn't really make up my mind whether he was good at judging teams,but it was ostentatious to everybody that he's really loyal to his alma mater.

0 comments:

Google